Yesterday my family and I went to this Filipino party where the Filipino Christian Community had this 5th general assemble. There was Filipinos from all over Sweden and even from Denmark!
I usually get a bit skeptical about going to Filipino parties but this was actually quite fun!
It was almost like you were back in the Philippines for a day!
Everyone spoke english, tagalog and swedish, being polite and just had fun!
First, they had a church service, we ate lunch, they did some different competitions and then we ate some more.
They had also these presentation, where they did some different tradition dances from Philippines, it was actually really fun to see!
They even had this live band where they played music and everyone got up and danced!
It was crazy how this 'party' was going for like 10 hours maybe?
- IT WAS CRAZY!
5 tips that you should know about before going to a big Filipino party like this:
* NEVER wear too thick clothes cause it will get hot.
* Bring earplugs - cause people will talk more, louder and even be screaming more than you ever could imagine.
+ for the loud music they will be playing!
* Be prepared that you WILL be in pictures, A LOTS of pictures cause Filipinos REALLY likes to take photos of themselfs and each other!
* Have a good night sleep the night before, cause it will take all of your energy to be active all the time.
* Don't eat too much food before the party cause you will get food there.
- You never leave a Filipino party hungry
Oh, and they had this competition where they got materials and newspapers in a group to design clothes/dresses within an hour or so. The best designed dress would win a prize!
Here is just three of the competitiors in the contest!
Such a shame that I didn't get more photos of people cause it was REALLY hard to take good pictures because of the ligtning, too much people and movement.
I really don't have the right equipment for this kind of photos inside.